BOX OFFICE HOURS
Summer Box Office hours: Monday – Sunday | 9am – 6:45pm
Winter Box Office hours: Monday – Friday | 9am – 4pm Saturday – Sunday | 9am – 4:30pm
If you are using a GPS Navigation System, input: Pier 41, San Francisco, CA 94133.
From the South Bay:
Take Highway 101 North to Highway 80 East.
Exit at 4th Street.
Stay left onto Bryant Street (get in right lane).
Stay on Bryant Street to The Embarcadero.
Turn left onto The Embarcadero (get into right lane).
Straight to PIER 39 (2 1/2 miles).
From the North Bay:
Take Highway 101 South across the Golden Gate Bridge Pass through the Toll Plaza and stay to your left.
Take Lombard Street Exit (on right side).
Follow Lombard Street to Van Ness Avenue.
Take a left onto Van Ness Avenue (stay right).
Follow Van Ness Avenue to Bay Street (about three blocks).
Turn right onto Bay Street and follow it until it runs into The Embarcadero.
Turn left onto The Embarcadero. You will see PIER 39 on right side of the street.
From the East Bay:
Take Interstate 80 West across the Bay Bridge.
Take Fremont Exit (on right side).
Stay in far right lane.
Turn left on Folsom Street.
Follow Folsom to The Embarcadero.
Turn left onto The Embarcadero.
Straight to PIER 39 (approx. 2 miles).
The PIER 39 Entrance Plaza features a passenger and taxi-loading zone. PIER 39 also has convenient visitor parking in the PIER 39 Parking Garage, located directly across the street from PIER 39. The PIER 39 Garage is open 24-hours a day, seven days a week. The garage clearance is 6 feet, 8 inches high.
- Where do I pick up my tickets? Tickets purchased in advance online can be picked up at the Self-Service Kiosk attached to the east side of the Blue & Gold Fleet Box Office at PIER 39. Tickets for groups of 15 or more will be held at the Group Services Window.
- What do I need to bring to claim my tickets? To claim pre-purchased tickets, please print out the confirmation page and bring it with you along with the credit card used to purchase your tickets.
- What happens if I miss my tour? For the Bay Cruise Adventure, Escape From the Rock cruise, Angel Island Ferry and other ferry services including Alameda, Oakland, Sausalito, Tiburon, Richmond and Vallejo, tickets may be used for the next available departure. No refund or exchange is available.
- Are there restrooms on the boats? Yes, all boats have restrooms.
- Are the boats handicap-accessible? Our fleet is comprised of seven vessels that vary widely in age and design. Accessibility for passengers with special needs is consequently very dependent on the age and renovation status of the vessel. Our vessels have enclosed main decks that are wheelchair accessible. However, open-air exterior portions of these vessels are only accessible by stairs. All seven vessels have accessible restroom facilities however wheelchair tie-downs are not currently available.
- Are dogs allowed on the boats? Dogs and other animals are allowed on the Blue & Gold Fleet vessels. The owner remains wholly responsible for the animal and must keep it on a leash or in an approved carrier at all times while on board. Failure of the owner to control an animal is grounds for removal of the animal and passenger responsible for the animal. The Master may refuse service if appropriate. Please be aware animals are not allowed on Angel Island. Click here for San Francisco Bay Ferry’s dog and animals policies.
- Are bikes permitted? Bikes are permitted on the Sausalito, Tiburon and Angel Island ferry services. We operate on a First come, first serve basis. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your desired departure. This service is free of charge.
- Is there food on the boats? Yes, there are snack bars on all boats that sell a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages such as water, sodas and juices. Fruit, chips and other snack foods are also available.
- Are the boats covered? Blue & Gold Fleet boats provide indoor as well as outdoor seating. Indoor seating is covered with weatherproof windows with protection against wind, rain and salt water. Outdoor seating is available in designated safe sections of the boats.
- Does Blue & Gold Fleet go to Alcatraz Island? Blue & Gold Fleet does not provide ferry service to Alcatraz Island. Blue & Gold Fleet’s Escape from the Rock tour is a 90-minute fact-filled adventure cruise that sails under the Golden Gate Bridge and then circles Alcatraz Island, while passengers hear dark secrets and unique stories about life on the Rock. Buy tickets here. Visit the National Park Service’s website for reservation, ticket or schedule information for Alcatraz Island tours.
- Do you accept Clipper cards? Yes, Clipper cards are accepted on the Blue & Gold Fleet Sausalito and Tiburon ferries and all SF Bay Ferry services (except for Oracle Park). Clipper is not accepted on ferries to Angel Island State Park or the Bay Cruise Adventure and Escape From the Rock cruises.
- Are you part of San Francisco CityPASS? Yes! A San Francisco Bay Cruise Adventure is included in San Francisco CityPASS. Save 42% off a 3-day MUNI Passport, plus 4 top San Francisco attractions. Pre-purchase your CityPASS today at CityPASS.com or at our Box Office for the same low price. Learn more here.
- Can you recommend hotels and lodging? Here are a few helpful resources: Sanfrancisco.travel VisitFishermansWharf.com
- Do you have information on San Francisco? Please visit San Francisco Travel Association’s website – sanfrancisco.travel.