Blue & Gold Fleet will provide reasonable accommodation, upon request, for an individual job applicant to participate in the job application process. If you have a disability that prevents you from creating a profile and applying through the standard process (via our Web site) you may request an accommodation. Please call (415) 705-5407 to request an accommodation. Otherwise, please apply by using the standard process. Blue & Gold Fleet is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
The Company strongly believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity. The Company will recruit, hire, set terms and conditions of employment, train, and promote employees based upon their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, creed, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status/registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran status, or any other category protected by state, federal and/or local law or regulation. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, to the full extent that the law requires, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, training, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination. Decisions also will not be influenced by a perception you fall within any of these categories or your association with a person falling within any of these categories.
Blue & Gold Fleet has established an Affirmative Action Plan. This plan establishes specific goals and timeframes for increasing the diversity of the workforce for Blue and Gold Fleet. To achieve this, Blue & Gold Fleet will:
- Record and maintain information (gender, race and other statuses) voluntarily provided by applicants to determine annually whether the applicant pool from which Blue & Gold is choosing candidates is diverse, meets the goals and guidelines of this policy and is free from discriminatory practices.
- Conduct an annual analysis of Blue & Gold Fleet’s workforce to establish whether or not there are any particular groups that are being underutilized.
- Remove or redesign any practice or procedure that is allegedly or is suspected of contributing to the discrimination of a particular class or group.
- Assign an executive to assist in administration, supervision and assessment of the EEO & Affirmative Action Plans. This assignment of responsibility is subject to change with notification.? The EEO Officer. Officer is located at the PIER 39 Admin Office, Beach at Embarcadero, Stairwell 2, Level 3, San Francisco, CA 94133.
- Educate management staff responsible for hiring for the Blue and Gold Fleet on the Affirmative Action plan to ensure a working standard, foster diversity and contribute to the process of ensuring compliance.
In the event that any employee or applicant believes that discrimination or retaliation has occurred, the employee or applicant has the right to consult with their manager, an executive or the Human Resources department. Any written complaints can be directed to: PIER 39 at P.O. Box 193730 San Francisco, CA 94119. Direct Human Resources contact the EEO Officer. The direct phone number is (415) 705-5407. The Human Resources department will investigate all complaints.
Blue & Gold Fleet maintains a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for any type of discrimination or harassment. Any employee who is found to have engaged in unlawful discrimination or violation of this or any other Company policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination of employment. Each supervisor, manager, and executive is responsible for understanding, communicating and strictly enforcing this policy. Managers will be evaluated on their successful implementation of the Affirmative Action plan on an annual basis to ensure a diverse workforce.
Additionally, Blue & Gold fully supports the “American with Disabilities Act” (ADA) and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
This statement is part of our Affirmative Action Plan. Information on the Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans Programs are available for review by employees and applicants in the office of our EEO Official. Any questions you have in this area should be addressed to him at (415) 705-5407, during our regular business hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm.