BOX OFFICE HOURS
Summer Box Office hours: Monday – Sunday | 9am – 6:45pm
Winter Box Office hours: Monday – Friday | 9am – 4pm Saturday – Sunday | 9am – 4:30pm
If you are using a GPS Navigation System, input: Pier 41, San Francisco, CA 94133.
From the South Bay:
Take Highway 101 North to Highway 80 East.
Exit at 4th Street.
Stay left onto Bryant Street (get in right lane).
Stay on Bryant Street to The Embarcadero.
Turn left onto The Embarcadero (get into right lane).
Straight to PIER 39 (2 1/2 miles).
From the North Bay:
Take Highway 101 South across the Golden Gate Bridge Pass through the Toll Plaza and stay to your left.
Take Lombard Street Exit (on right side).
Follow Lombard Street to Van Ness Avenue.
Take a left onto Van Ness Avenue (stay right).
Follow Van Ness Avenue to Bay Street (about three blocks).
Turn right onto Bay Street and follow it until it runs into The Embarcadero.
Turn left onto The Embarcadero. You will see PIER 39 on right side of the street.
From the East Bay:
Take Interstate 80 West across the Bay Bridge.
Take Fremont Exit (on right side).
Stay in far right lane.
Turn left on Folsom Street.
Follow Folsom to The Embarcadero.
Turn left onto The Embarcadero.
Straight to PIER 39 (approx. 2 miles).
The PIER 39 Entrance Plaza features a passenger and taxi-loading zone. PIER 39 also has convenient visitor parking in the PIER 39 Parking Garage, located directly across the street from PIER 39. The PIER 39 Garage is open 24-hours a day, seven days a week. The garage clearance is 6 feet, 8 inches high.
- Where do I pick up my tickets? Tickets purchased in advance online can be picked up at the Self-Service Kiosk attached to the east side of the Blue & Gold Fleet Box Office at PIER 39. Tickets for groups of 15 or more will be held at the Group Services Window.
- What do I need to bring to claim my tickets? To claim pre-purchased tickets, please print out the confirmation page and bring it with you along with the credit card used to purchase your tickets.
- I forgot to bring my confirmation page. What should I do? If you do not have a printed version of your confirmation page with you, you must go to the Blue & Gold Fleet Box Office located at PIER 39 to pick-up your tickets. You will need to present the credit card used to purchase the tickets and a valid photo ID.
- What time do I need to arrive for my tour? It is recommended that guests arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of their tour during fall/winter tour seasons, and at least 25-30 minutes prior to their scheduled tours during the spring/summer tour seasons. An additional 5-10 minutes are requested if special attention is required.
- What happens if I miss my tour? For the Bay Cruise Adventure, Angel Island Ferry and other ferry services including Alameda, Oakland, Sausalito, Tiburon and Vallejo, tickets may be used for the next available departure. For Land/Motor coach tours including City Tour of San Francisco, Muir Woods Tour, Monterey/Carmel Tour, Sonoma & Napa Wine Country Tour and Yosemite National Park Tours, tickets are only valid for the specified departure time and date on the tickets. No refund or exchange is available.
- Can I change my tour time on the day of the tour? Tickets and tour time changes are subject to availability and at the discretion of Blue & Gold Fleet Box Offices.
- When do tickets expire/are all ticket sales final? For the Bay Cruise Adventure, RocketBoat, Escape from the Rock, Angel Island Ferry and other ferry services including Alameda, Oakland, Sausalito, Tiburon and Vallejo, tickets do not expire. Tickets for these services can be used any day for any departure starting on the date printed on the ticket. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges available. For Land/Motor coach tours including City Tour of San Francisco, Muir Woods Tour, Monterey/Carmel Tour, Sonoma & Napa Wine Country Tour and Yosemite National Park Tours, tickets are only valid for the specified departure time and date on the tickets. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges are available.
- Where are the restrooms at the piers? The closest restrooms are located on Level 1 of PIER 39, directly underneath the NFL/College Shop. Additional restrooms can be found throughout The PIER. Restrooms are also available at Pier 41.
- Are there restrooms on the boats? Yes, all boats have restrooms with the exception of RocketBoat.
- Are the boats handicap-accessible? Our fleet is comprised of eight vessels that vary widely in age and design. Accessibility for passengers with special needs is consequently very dependent on the age and renovation status of the vessel. Seven of our vessels have enclosed main decks that are wheelchair accessible. However, open-air exterior portions of these vessels are only accessible by stairs. All seven vessels have accessible restroom facilities however wheelchair tie-downs are not currently available. Our eighth vessel, RocketBoat, is an open-air thrill ride that has a 40″ height restriction and is not wheelchair accessible. With prior arrangements, we will work with customers with special needs. Please contract our office at 415.705.8200.
- Are the restrooms on the boats handicap-accessible? Yes, there is one handicap-accessible stall in each of the male and female restrooms on all boats.
- Are animals allowed on Blue & Gold Fleet vessels? Service animals are allowed on all vessels, but the owners remain wholly responsible for the animal and must keep it on a leash at all times.
- Where is the Lost & Found? How do I find it? Please ask a Blue & Gold Fleet Guest Services Representative in a yellow uniform. They will best be able to assist you with locating a lost item if the item was found. If you have left the property, please call 415.705.8200.
- Is there food on the boats? Yes, there are snack bars on all boats (with the exception of RocketBoat) that sell a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages such as water, sodas and juices. Fruit, chips and other snack foods are also available.
- Are the boats covered? Blue & Gold Fleet boats provide indoor as well as outdoor seating, except for RocketBoat, which has no indoor seating. Indoor seating is covered with weatherproof windows with protection against wind, rain and salt water. Outdoor seating is available in designated safe sections of the boats.
- What is the size and capacity of the boats? The capacities of the boats vary with the type of vessel. The maximum capacity of Blue & Gold Fleet boats range from 298 to 787 passengers. RocketBoat holds 112 passengers.
- Does Blue & Gold Fleet do whale watching tours? No, Blue & Gold Fleet does not provide whale-watching tours.
- Does Blue & Gold Fleet go to Alcatraz Island? Blue & Gold Fleet does not provide ferry service to Alcatraz Island. Blue & Gold Fleet’s Escape from the Rock tour is a 90-minute fact-filled adventure cruise that sails under the Golden Gate Bridge and then circles Alcatraz Island, while passengers hear dark secrets and unique stories about life on the Rock. Buy tickets here. Visit the National Park Service’s website for reservation, ticket or schedule information for Alcatraz Island tours.
- Do you pick up from hotels? No, Blue & Gold Fleet does not offer hotel pick-ups. All motor coach tours depart from Pier 41 with the exception of our Hop-On, Hop-Off tours.
- How do I get to Pier 41 and PIER 39? For general driving directions to Pier 41 and PIER 39, please visit the Directions section.
- I don’t drive. Is there public transportation to Pier 41 and PIER 39? Yes, there are plenty of alternatives for getting to Pier 41 and PIER 39. If you’re inside the city, MUNI’s historic F-Line street car and the 39 bus stop at PIER 39. BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit), San Francisco’s famous cable cards and the 47 and 8X buses also drop off within walking distance to The PIER. Visit 511.org or call 511 on your mobile phone. Coming from outside of San Francisco, ferries are available through Blue & Gold Fleet from Vallejo, Alameda, Oakland, Sausalito and Tiburon on a daily basis. Please visit the Ferry section of our website for more information.
- Where can I park my vehicle? There are several parking garages and lots around the area. The closest is the PIER 39 Parking Garage across the street from our location with 900 parking spaces.
- Do you validate parking? No, Blue & Gold Fleet does not validate parking. However, validations are available for guests who dine at participating full-service restaurants at PIER 39. Click here for more information.
- I was double charged for my tickets. How do I get my money back? If you already inquired about the double charge with the Credit Card Company and/or bank, no additional action is necessary. Your Credit Card Company and/or bank will contact Blue & Gold Fleet on your behalf. If you have not approached your Credit Card Company and/or bank yet, please fax a copy of your order confirmation, a copy of your credit card statement and a letter of concerns to 415.705.5429. Missing information will delay the inquiry process.
- Can you recommend hotels and lodging? Here are a few helpful resources: Sanfrancisco.travel VisitFishermansWharf.com FishermansWharfHotels.net
- Do you have information on San Francisco? Please visit San Francisco Travel Association’s website – sanfrancisco.travel.
- What is Blue & Gold Fleet’s environmental commitment? To learn more about Blue & Gold Fleet’s commitment to the environment, visit the About Us section.
- What is Blue & Gold Fleet’s commitment to promoting education? Blue & Gold Fleet strongly promotes in the importance of education among children and young adults through a variety of educational and historical cruises and ferries, highlighting every destination on San Francisco Bay from the Golden Gate Bridge to the hidden mysteries of Alcatraz Island. Educational Rates are available exclusively for school groups on select cruises and ferries. Visit the Groups & Schools section of our website for more information.
- Where can I buy tickets and how long are they good for? Tickets can be purchased online or at the Blue & Gold Fleet Box Office at PIER 39. Tickets do not expire.
- I bought my tickets online. Where do I pick them up? Tickets purchased in advance online can be picked up at the Self-Service Kiosk attached to the east side of the Blue & Gold Fleet Box Office at PIER 39. You can retrieve the tickets by swiping the credit card used to purchase the tickets or by asking a Box Office employee. You will need your order confirmation number to pick up tickets at the kiosk.
- How long is the ride? 30 minutes.
- What are the age and height restrictions? You must be 40″ or taller to ride RocketBoat. An adult must accompany children under 12 years old.
- Are my tickets good for a particular date and time? No, tickets are general admission. RocketBoat boards on a first-come, first-served basis.
- I want to sit in the front of the boat. How can I be sure to get those seats? Your best bet is to get in line 30-45 minutes ahead of time. Please note that this does not guarantee your seat.
- Will I get wet on RocketBoat? Passengers can get wet on this ride. Seats in the back of the boat are the most likely to get wet. Deckhands will provide free ponchos upon request to anyone who is concerned about getting wet. RocketBoat is not responsible for damage to personal property.
- Is there a bathroom onboard? No, there is no bathroom on RocketBoat.
- How should I dress? The weather in San Francisco can be unpredictable and occasionally it is cloudy and windy. You should bring a jacket with you in case you get cold.
- Can I bring a stroller onboard? No, items such as strollers and coolers are not allowed on RocketBoat.
- Can I bring my food or drink onboard? Only items that can be kept in your backpack or purse are allowed on the boat. There is no eating or drinking allowed on RocketBoat.
- Does RocketBoat operate every day? No, RocketBoat operates seasonally, May through October. Between May and October, RocketBoat may occasionally cancel a departure because the conditions on the Bay may be too rough. The safety and comfort of passengers is always our first priority. Please visit the RocketBoat page for full schedule information.
- What do I do if the departure I am waiting for is cancelled or if the boat isn’t running? Your ticket is good for any departure on any day. You can wait for the next departure or you can request a refund at the Box Office.
- Is RocketBoat scary? RocketBoat is fun! RocketBoat is a highly-maneuverable speedboat that makes quick, tight turns. Most people say the ride is “thrilling.” Bumping and jarring may occur so passengers are required to wear seat belts. You should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, osteoporosis, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers, those with osteoporosis and children under 3 years old should not ride RocketBoat.